Already a seasoned self-directed investor?
NBDB is made for you. We offer you sophisticated analytical tools and access to valuable research and data to keep you abreast of market developments.
As an NBDB client, you'll automatically get free access to the three tools in the Recognia suite. For even more insights, take advantage of our transactional platform and dynamic real-time Market-Q quotes.
Tap into research and expertise on more than 300 securities from Stéfane Marion and his team at National Bank Financial (NBF), free of charge. You can also check out the Trading Central Morning Briefing and analysis from Morningstar to help you assess your investment decisions.
InvestCube is an automated investing solution that's ideal for busy investors. You get an exchange-traded funds (ETF) portfolio that reflects your optimal asset mix, plus automatic rebalancing. You'll also save money with our low rebalancing fees (0.30%–0.50%).
Transfer $20,000 or more from another financial institution and we'll refund your transfer fees, up to $135 plus taxes. And with our competitive interest rates on margin accounts, you could save even more.
1. To benefit from the active investor pricing, one hundred (100) or more stock, ETF or option trades generating a commission must have been carried out under the same account root in the previous three (3) months (quarter). You must also receive all your documents by electronic delivery. When these criteria are met, the active investor pricing takes effect on the first business day of the following month. They must be met on the 1st day of each month to continue benefiting from the active investors’ commission schedule. This pricing does not apply to transactions placed through a representative, although they are considered when calculating the number of trades carried out during the quarter. Legal entity accounts are eligible for active investor pricing but cannot be combined with an individual account for the purpose of calculating transactions.
2. You must be 30 years old or younger to benefit from the young investor pricing. To be eligible, transactions must be carried out through our electronic solutions and you must receive all your documents by electronic delivery. Free transactions apply to equities and exchange-traded funds.
3. Link a National Bank bank account to your brokerage account to benefit from preferential pricing. To be eligible, transactions must be carried out through our electronic solutions and you must also receive all your documents by electronic delivery.
4. Trades must have been made through our electronic solutions.
5. Each trade must involve 100 or more exchange-traded funds (ETFs) units and must be carried out using our electronic solutions. You must also sign up to receive all your documents electronically.
Commission-free ETF trades are not counted when calculating:
Management and other fees may apply to ETF investments. Please read the prospectus before making an investment. ETFs are not guaranteed, their values change frequently and past performance may not be repeated.
Regular pricing on equities trade applies if the $0 commission conditions on ETFs are not met.
*Commissions are billed in the same currency as the transaction.
Each partial execution of a transaction is subject to the full commission, unless the transaction is executed in its entirety on the same business day. Full commission is charged for each separate transaction performed on the same security. Additional fees may be charged by the local securities exchange commission and/or by the stock market and are billed in the same currency as the transaction.
When a transaction is placed through one of our services (e.g., a representative), and then modified via another service (e.g., the website), the commission will be based on the higher of the two commission schedules. Option exercises are subject to the same commission schedule as share transactions made through a representative. A currency conversion is required for any trade involving a security in a currency other than that of the account in which the trade is settled. When carrying out this conversion, National Bank Direct Brokerage acts as principal and can earn, in addition to the commission applicable to the transaction, revenue based on the spread between the bid and ask rates. Short selling borrowed securities may result in additional fees. These fees vary based on the markets and without prior notice. Contact one of our representatives for more information about these fees.