At a glance
Exclusive benefits for:
Professionals and students
- Engineers and engineering students
- Legal, accounting and business professionals and students
- Healthcare professionals and students
- Health sciences specialists and students
- Nurses, nursing assistants and nursing students
- Teaching professionals
Newcomers in Canada
Professionals and students: how to take advantage
Sign up for a National Bank offer for professionals
Open your account at National Bank Direct Brokerage and select the financial program in which you are participating.
Enjoy discounts and exclusive benefits
Learn more about our offers for professionals and students
Engineers and engineering students
With our offer for engineers and engineering students, you'll enjoy reduced fees and exclusive services.
Legal, accounting and business professionals and students
With our offer for legal, accounting and business professionnals and students, you'll enjoy reduced fees and exclusive services.
- Accountants (CPAs)
- HEC Montréal graduates
- Rotman School of Management graduates
- Bachelor of Commerce graduates
- Human Resources Advisors
- Industrial Relations Advisors
Healthcare professionals and students
With our offer for healthcare professionnals and students, you'll enjoy reduced fees and exclusive services.
- Dentists and dental specialists
Health sciences specialists and students
With our offer for health sciences specialists and students, you'll enjoy reduced fees and exclusive services.
- Occupational therapists
- Dental hygienists
- Respiratory therapists
- Speech therapists
- Medical electrophysiology technologists
- Medical technologists
- Medical imaging and radiation oncology technologists
- Social workers (including Marriage and Family therapists)
- Chiropodists (outside Quebec only)
With our offer for teaching professionals, you'll enjoy reduced fees and exclusive services.
- Primary school teachers
- Secondary school teachers
- Professional (with a teaching certificate)
- College teachers (full-time)
- University teachers (full-time)
Nurses, nursing assistants and nursing students
With our offer for nurses and students, you'll enjoy reduced fees and exclusive services.
- Licensed practical nurses
- Registered nurses
- Registered practical nurses
- Nurse practitioners
Subscribe to the National Bank's newcomer offer
Open an account with National Bank Direct Brokerage and select the financial program in which you are participating.
Benefit from exclusive advantages and discounts for 3 years
Discover our offer for newcomers
Terms and conditions of the offer
- Benefit from NBC’s banking package for newcomers to Canada and meet the eligibility criteria.
- The National Bank Direct Brokerage offer is for 3 years starting on the date that the NBDB account was opened.
- Current clients are eligible, and they are responsible for contacting NBDB to take advantage of the offer. Its benefits will be extended to them for the remainder of the 3-year period.
The fine print
*Options commission is $0 + $1.25/contract. A minimum fee of $6.25/trade applies. The maximum fee is $19.95 when the transaction value is less than $2,000. An option contract gives the holder the right, but not the obligation, to buy or sell a given position in an underlying security at a given exercise price. Contracts are for 100 shares.
1. Trades must have been made through our electronic solutions.
2. Management and other fees may apply to ETF investments. Please read the prospectus before making an investment. ETFs are not guaranteed, their values change frequently and past performance may not be repeated.
Regular pricing on equities trade applies if the $0 commission conditions on ETFs are not met.