Meet your financial goals by trading through our intuitive platform and take charge of your own investments!
Playing the stock market has never been easier.
Discover the National Bank Direct Brokerage experience.
A modern platform for self-directed investors with which you can easily access your accounts – and follow market fluctuations.
Keep track of your securities by creating your own watchlists with real-time quotes.
There are filter tools available too, like the ETF Centre.
You can also build your own portfolio using Strategy Builder and find stocks that meet your specific needs.
Access information and analysis, including detailed research reports offered by National Bank Financial and Morningstar experts.
Access your selections with our Technical Insight tool, which allows you to analyze your stocks according to short-, medium- and long-term technical signals.
With Market-Q you have access to an advanced trading platform, real-time streaming quotes, and advanced graphs.
Take action with National Bank Direct Brokerage!
The dashboard provides a quick overview of your investments:
Regardless of the product you're trading, you can check:
You'll be able to view and monitor the following:
Read about market trends and securities thanks to analysis from Morningstar, reports by National Bank Financial analysts and the Trading Central Morning Briefing.
Get free access to the Recognia suite of tools to figure out when to buy or sell (Technical Insight), view key value investing metrics (Value Analyzer) and optimize your searches (Strategy Builder).
Find ETFs that match your criteria (industry sector, management style, annual fees, etc.) and track their progress using graphs.
Optimize your investment strategy by identifying your investor profile and by comparing your current portfolio's performance with a benchmark target allocation.
You can view a breakdown of the performance of each of your accounts in a number of ways: by account, consolidated, for a specific period or for cumulative periods.
Set up an alert so you know when a security has hit the price at which you want to buy or sell it.
1. To benefit from the active investor pricing, one hundred (100) or more stock, ETF or option trades generating a commission must have been carried out under the same account root in the previous three (3) months (quarter). You must also receive all your documents by electronic delivery. When these criteria are met, the active investor pricing takes effect on the first business day of the following month. They must be met on the 1st day of each month to continue benefiting from the active investors’ commission schedule. This pricing does not apply to transactions placed through a representative, although they are considered when calculating the number of trades carried out during the quarter. Legal entity accounts are eligible for active investor pricing but cannot be combined with an individual account for the purpose of calculating transactions.
2. You must be 30 years old or younger to benefit from the young investor pricing. To be eligible, transactions must be carried out through our electronic solutions and you must receive all your documents by electronic delivery. Free transactions apply to equities and exchange-traded funds.
3. Link a National Bank bank account to your brokerage account to benefit from preferential pricing. To be eligible, transactions must be carried out through our electronic solutions and you must also receive all your documents by electronic delivery.
4. Trades must have been made through our electronic solutions.
5. Each trade must involve 100 or more exchange-traded funds (ETFs) units and must be carried out using our electronic solutions. You must also sign up to receive all your documents electronically.
Commission-free ETF trades are not counted when calculating:
Management and other fees may apply to ETF investments. Please read the prospectus before making an investment. ETFs are not guaranteed, their values change frequently and past performance may not be repeated.
Regular pricing on equities trade applies if the $0 commission conditions on ETFs are not met.
* Commissions are billed in the same currency as the transaction.
Each partial execution of a transaction is subject to the full commission, unless the transaction is executed in its entirety on the same business day. Full commission is charged for each separate transaction performed on the same security. Additional fees may be charged by the local securities exchange commission and/or by the stock market and are billed in the same currency as the transaction.
When a transaction is placed through one of our services (e.g., a representative), and then modified via another service (e.g., the website), the commission will be based on the higher of the two commission schedules. Option exercises are subject to the same commission schedule as share transactions made through a representative. A currency conversion is required for any trade involving a security in a currency other than that of the account in which the trade is settled. When carrying out this conversion, National Bank Direct Brokerage acts as principal and can earn, in addition to the commission applicable to the transaction, revenue based on the spread between the bid and ask rates. Short selling borrowed securities may result in additional fees. These fees vary based on the markets and without prior notice. Contact one of our representatives for more information about these fees.