Help centre

How do I request an RESP withdrawal? 

To make an RESP withdrawal, call our team at 1-800-363-3511.

After your call, here are a few steps to follow:

  • Make sure you have the necessary cash in your account. If not, you can sell your securities for the amount of the withdrawal.
  • Send eligible proof of education to

A valid proof of education must include:

  • Name of beneficiary;
  • Institution name, logo or html link;
  • Session (fall, winter, summer); and
  • Student status (full-time or part-time).

The proof of study is valid for a period of six months from the end date of the study session.

Visit the Government of Canada website to learn more about eligible programs of study.

Related questions

Picto of two text bubbles

Our virtual assistant is here to help

Chat with our virtual assistant 24/7 for answers to your questions.