We have a great offer for all our current and future clients. Get 50 zero-commission trades when you open a new type of brokerage account and transfer funds into it before April 30, 2019. You'll have up to a year to take advantage of free trades. Here's how1:
Get 50 free transactions
Trade shares, options or ETFs as you like. There's no minimum amount!
Our pricing rewarded!
A study conducted by Surviscor has concluded that we offer the most competitive pricing among direct brokerage firms.
Tips from our experts?
Exchange-traded funds (ETFs) are baskets of securities that are traded on a stock exchange like shares. Generally, investors use ETFs for two reasons: as a passive way to invest over the long term, or to gain exposure to a short-term trend in a given index.
1. Offer available from October 1, 2018, to April 30, 2019, to new and existing National Bank Direct Brokerage (NBDB) clients who are opening a new type of account. Cash, margin and short-selling accounts as well as Canadian and US accounts from the same plan (e.g. RRSPs) are considered the same type of account.
2. Stocks, options and Exchange-Traded Funds are eligible for free trading, provided this is done through our online platform and within twelve (12) months of opening an account. Once the free period is over (i.e. after twelve (12) months, or when the maximum number of transactions has been reached), the applicable commission schedule, including ETFs at $0, will apply.
3. To be eligible for the offer, a transfer of assets of $5,000 or more that does not originate from National Bank or one of its subsidiaries must be made to the newly opened account(s) during the offer period. In calculating the refund, cash outflows made until the offer period is over will be deducted from the original transferred amount and may have an impact on offer eligibility.
4. To be eligible for the offer, the clients must enroll in our Electronic Delivery Service for all their documents.
5. Clients can only take advantage of this offer once (use of social insurance number) and must meet all the eligibility requirements.
6. This offer may be revoked or amended at any time without prior notice. NBDB reserves the right to refuse the payment of a promotion.
Make trades in seconds with our sophisticated platform and comprehensive range of decision-making tools.
We provide specialized telephone support from a team of specialists.
With NBDB, you benefit from the experience and expertise of National Bank, the sixth largest bank in Canada with over $251 billion in assets under management.