How can I transfer funds to my brokerage account?
At National Bank Direct Brokerage, you can quickly and easily transfer funds to your account:
- By electronic transfer : Transferring an account
- By cheque: The check must be made out to National Bank Direct Brokerage and have your brokerage account (7 digits) written on it. You can send it to us by mail or drop it off at your local branch.
- Over the phone with a representative: Contact us at 1-800-363-3511, Monday through Friday, from 8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m.
- Via another NBDB account: Under the Transfer section of your brokerage account
How can I link my bank account to my brokerage account to make a deposit or a withdrawal?
If your bank account is at the National Bank, simply call one of our representatives. A 24- to 48-hour delay is required to process the request.
If your bank account is with another financial institution, you must fill out Form 27058 and send it to us by mail or fax. Your bank account will be linked to your brokerage account within 72 hours of the receipt of the duly completed form.
How long does it take to transfer funds to my account?
If you have used the transactional site, the deposit will be made the same day, if your request is received before 3:00 p.m.
If you requested a transfer by check, the deposit will be made the same day if the check is received before 3:00 p.m.
If you have contacted a representative by phone:
- From a National Bank account: Your deposit will be made the same day, if the request is made before 3:00 p.m.
- From another institution: Your deposit will be made within approximately 24 to 48 hours.
I wish to deposit a stock certificate; how do I proceed?
We invite you to visit your local National Bank branch to deposit your stock certificate in the most secure way possible. The branch will make sure the certificate is sent to us, along with all the necessary documents to carry out the deposit.